“mystic touch… nestled in the womb of a Shaman’s dream opening portals in the Night…”
This is an improvised jam from a stormy evening; wet-season jungle rains tumbling down. As I played, I could feel a deep sense of connection with the elements, with the Earth, and the power of alchemising emotions.
Also, a feeling of transcending temporary turbulence along the human journey of life; and delving into deeper appreciation of all that is eternal, and beyond the physical and material reality. And so my prayer is that, as individuals, as a community, and as a race here on Earth, we unite beyond our differences, to create harmony and a heavenly reality.
I also believe that to do this, we must turn deeply within: practice radical honesty with ourselves, gain awareness of our own shadows, wounds and triggers.
With discipline, forgiveness, and love, may we rebalance ourselves, that we may bring balance to the world.
I wish you a beautiful weekend, a weekend of balance and harmony. I invite you to use the weekend to nourish yourself and set intentions for the week ahead. If you’d like some inspiration, here are a few little examples from my routine…
- Wake up and make a fresh herbal tea (recently I’ve been enjoying hibiscus, ginger, sometimes also infused with cacao nibs!)
- Creative Journalling – don’t think, just be, writing down anything that comes up. Normally I write abstract poetry, inspired from my just-waking-up, half-dream state.
- Meditate on my balcony, followed by some gentle stretching and Qi Gong before breakfast.
- Make a trip to my weekly Saturday farmers’ market to stock up with healthy food for the week (look at these greens…!) and cook up a nourishing lunch.
- Take alone time for my own self-care in Nature (also, away from my phone!)
- Take time to reflect on the previous week, as well as look toward the coming week, writing down my schedule and set intentions and goals. In writing out this schedule, devote time to self-care, social, and work.
And remember, I’m here to support if you need.